This is where we’re supposed to give you a quick introduction about working at Highliner Lodge & Charters. Except there’s nothing quick about what your experiences will be or what our expectations are.
To summarize, we expect you to be ambitious, work hard, help fellow teammates, provide the highest quality service to our guests and to have fun. In return, we will pay you fairly, provide you opportunities for growth, show that you are valued, and, if you’re so inclined, work with you to help create a career or even build a business.
Still interested? Keep reading.
NOT JUST ANOTHER FISHING LODGE. Being a Highliner means that you're a part of a hungry, ambitious team whose shared focus is, in short, to catch the MOST fish and provide the BEST service. Our team is rewarded very well for their collective efforts and are encouraged to pursue individual goals. We’re a family... one that gets to choose its members.
WHY WORK AT THE HIGHLINER LODGE?
ENDLESS OPPORTUNITIES... FOR THE RIGHT PERSON.
No matter what your current goals in life are, you never know when you're going to come across someone or some place that will challenge and inspire you to accomplish even greater things. For us, like many generations of ambitious, opportunity-seeking people from around the world, remote Alaska is one of those places. Whether you're an experienced fishing guide, a skilled laborer, or simply a hard worker up for an adventure, there is incredible opportunity here for those willing to work for it.
The Highliner Lodge is a thriving, ambitious fishing lodge. As an expanding business we are always looking for motivated, honest, hardworking & talented individuals.
- Experienced Fishing Guides
- Deckhands (captains in training)
- Fish Processors
- Food Service Professionals
Perks and Compensation
- Our compensation packages are among the highest in the industry. These include a competitive base salary, share of tips, room and board, travel bonus, and opportunities to earn performance bonus, referral bonus, return bonus, and share of profits
- Use of company boats, kayaks, and equipment (with permission)
- Annual friends and family fishing trips
- Opportunities to learn new skills, experience summer in a remote fishing village, and save up a lot of money in a short amount of time
- Opportunities to advance and establish a long term position within our growing company
We expect superior performance from our employees, in personal hygiene, professional contact with our customers and relations with other employees. The most important factors that we look for when hiring a person is a good attitude and a strong work ethic. If you aren't willing to put in long hours, this is not the place for you. We expect good manners, good grooming and a professional appearance above reproach.
To apply for a position with Highliner Lodge, please send ALL of the following to our Operations Manager, Dylan Grafe at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Letter of interest
- Recent photo